HomeDaily GraceReading NowBible StudyTea and RosesContact Me

Monday, July 23, 2012

Just Let Me Know

My wonderful Daddy, Rev. Russell Caudill

My father is such an awesome man.  I have written before about his kindness, his generosity, and his love of family.  He is a man whose steps are directed of the Lord and a man whose love for God is the guiding factor of his life.  I adore him.

I am certain that my trust in my Heavenly Father has been molded by my trust and love for my earthly father.  My Daddy has not been perfect but he has been the best father in the world to me and my four brothers.  His living example of faith and devotion have colored my view of the God I serve.  When my father would sit me on his knee as a little girl and talk to me about the goodness and faithfulness of God, I believed every word he said.  I believed it because I saw it in my father's life.

As you know from previous posts, our family has recently endured the devastating news of my brother, Dan, and his diagnosis of colon cancer.  Daddy became the bedrock of faith for our entire family.  Throughout the entire ordeal, Mother was the prayer warrior and Daddy the voice of faith.  Everyday his booming voice would speak to me about my brother and let me know that God was in control.  His unwavering faith in the goodness of God became the anchor for all of us to cling to.  My heart and mind were at ease just hearing Daddy's words of encouragement.

About six weeks ago, I faced a personal crisis of my own.  It was so devastating and so heart wrenching, I didn't think I could bear up under the load.  My tears were many and my prayers were constant.  I knew God was in control but I definitely could not control my own  raging emotions during that time.  Knowing that I could put my trust in my unfailing Heavenly Father was my greatest source of comfort.  The prayers and encouragement of my earthly father did, once again, anchor my drifting heart.

As I spoke to my Daddy about this trying circumstance, he listened patiently while I poured out my heart to him.  I could hear his whispers to the Lord as I was speaking to him and I knew that Daddy was already lifting me to God in prayer.  When I could speak no more, the voice I have loved to hear all of my life began to counsel me as to the steps I should take to resolve the issue.  As my emotions began to calm, I felt hope spring up within me and I could begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  When we came to the end of the conversation, Daddy said, "If there is anything you need, just let me know.".

Shortly after I hung up the phone, I realized that this is exactly what our dear Heavenly Father has instructed us to do when facing life's adversities.  God desires for us to "let Him know" when we need His help---when life is too much for us to handle---when our hearts are overwhelmed---when we feel we have no place else to go.  We can go to Him knowing that, even if the problem does not go away, we still can have His abiding presence and the assurance that He will work this out for our good.  No one else can do for us what God can do for us.  We just need to ask so that we may receive and seek so that we may find.

My Daddy is eighty-two years old.  He is active, funny, vibrant, and full of life.  He still travels to conferences and special services across the country with my sweet Mother as his traveling companion.  He still reads the scriptures with a yearning to know them fully and strives to live by God's Word in his daily life.  He is such a Godly man and I am proud to be his child.

Today, I strive to be a child of God that would reflect Him to those around me.  I want to be the humble servant of the Most High, striving to be all He would have me be.  There are times when I am able to be at peace in my surroundings and find joy in the simple things of life.  Other times, when the storm is raging, I am driven to my knees, petitioning my dear Lord for the needs of my life.  I  am comforted by the fact that, in those times of desperation, I hear the Lord say, "I will supply all your needs---just let me know.".  Isn't that just like a father, meeting the needs of the children if they will only let Him know.

In Grace,
Marie

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have an earthly father who teaches, guides, and loves with the love of the Heavenly Father!
    I said a prayer for you, that God will continue to give you strenth and comfort for whatever it was/is you're going through.
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment at my place.
    Many blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sweet Friend, What a beautiful post of a Father's love. Your Daddy is an amazing man and loves you and your sibblings very much. He shares the love of God through his sweet spirit and reminds us just how much God loves us.

    Hold on to these special times with your father and mother. I miss my parents so much and everyday thankful for the teachings and love they gave to me, directed by God. It is a blessing. I am so happy your father is there for you to listen to your challenges and give you advise. Happy that you can call upon him anytime just as we call upon our Lord. HE does meet all our needs if we only ask his help and truly believe, through faith, that all is in HIS hands. How Great Thou Art.

    Thank you for sharing this lovely post dear one. I pray your heart is better and the circumstance is passing. I will lift prayers too.

    Thank you also for stopping by and your kind words. Your encouragement means so much to me and you bless me so by your visits.
    Have a wonderful day and love to you always.
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete